Your Condition Deserves a Thorough Evaluation and Chiropractic Care Plan
What can I expect on my first visit?
- After your initial paperwork is completed, your visit will begin with a consultation.
- A chiropractic assistant will take your case history.
- Next, the doctor will ask you about your current condition and perform the necessary examination to evaluate your condition. This examination generally consists of a series of basic physical tests, as well as a specialized chiropractic evaluation.
- If prior X-rays or imaging studies have not yet been performed, the doctor may recommend X-rays or other diagnostic imaging to obtain further information about your condition.
- After completing the evaluation, the doctor will give you his Report of Findings, explaining your condition and recommending an appropriate care plan. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding your condition and the recommended care plan.
- If necessary, you may be referred to another healthcare specialist for further evaluation or treatment. Doctors of chiropractic work with a variety of healthcare professionals, in order to best serve their patients.
On each visit over the course of your treatment, you and your doctor will monitor your response to the prescribed treatment plan, and may make changes as needed. Other recommendations may include changes to your daily living activities.
After your initial evaluation and treatment, subsequent treatments typically last for 20 minutes.